Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I perform a git-tfs pull command from the first task in a Bamboo build plan?

David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

A signifcant proportion of our .Net source code is being checked in to TFS. For a number of reasons we have been investigating a migration to git as the TFS source code repository for some of our .Net solutions.

We have proceeded cautiously and have created a few git repositories that simply 'mirror' a selection of TFS repositories in order to avoid any side-effects in TFS. Code is still being checked-in to TFS via the VS IDE but there is currently no automatic way to keep the git repositories in synch with their TFS sisters.

We need to somehow automate a git-tfs pull command on each repository to retrieve any recent changes prior to each new build in Bamboo. How can this be achieved from within a task in a Bamboo build plan?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2014

Thank you Timothy - however SSH is not really necessary as we have a small intranet, and both servers are on tyhe same network.

I neglected to add in my initial question that git is running on Windows 2008 Server.

In the end I found that what is needed is to execute a bash script from a Windows .cmd file. Cygwin was already installed on the server and all that was necessary in the end was to iniatalise a bash shell from the .cmd file passing the location of the bash script (which actually executes git-tfs pull).

The trickiest part was persuading the bash shell to run the script from within the git repository.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2014

Use a SSH task to pull from TSF to Git (https://gist.github.com/jschementi/286677). Then execute your remaining tasks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events