It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Get a "Sync Failed: Error during sync. See server logs" error message for 1 respo

Using DVCS plugin to connect to  GitHub Enterprise server, one repo consistently fails to sync with the message "Sync Failed: Error during sync. See server logs".  I got a copy of the (very large) file, catalina.out, but not really sure what kind of error signature to look for, Thought it might be related to Jira issue https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/dvcs-github-sync-failed-779160781.html, but applying that workaround  didn't seem tomake a difference. Running JIRA vsn 7.0.10.

3 answers

Additional info:  Sync failure is coincident with log message: 

2018-02-14 10:47:31,898 DVCSConnector.MessageExecutor:thread-1 ERROR ServiceRunner     [c.a.j.p.d.service.message.MessageConsumer] Synchronization failed: null

0 votes
BillyP Community Leader Feb 14, 2018

Hi Arthur, 

Is this a singular user or for any user the repo is configured for?  

If it's a singular user, I'd reset the creds and try again.

-Billy

Thanks for the suggestion. But no, this is a multi-user environment. I've since figured out how to open a support ticket against our license.  Thanks again.

BillyP Community Leader Feb 14, 2018

Coolio!  When you do get the solution, if possible can you share here?  I'm super curious :)

Good luck!

Will do. BTW: since the sync had become useless to the organization anyway, resetting the creds was tried anyway; with no luck.

4-byte characters had worked their way into our git commit messages. Git allows this. Unfortunately, this character encoding does not sit well with older Jira/MySQL installs. Exceptions get thrown on INSERT, causing sync to fail.

This (open) issue link pretty much says it all

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-36135

If you're running Jira 3.7.x or not using MySQL as your database, you probably won't have this issue.

errr, correction. that's 7.3.x

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Agile

Webinar: Dean Leffingwell and Steve Elliot present on SAFe 5.0, come ask Dean and Steve questions!

...steemed Steve Elliot (head of product for Jira Align). Agenda: What’s new or changed in SAFe 5.0: Introduction of OKRs Essential SAFe How to achieve true business a...

152 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you