Get a "Sync Failed: Error during sync. See server logs" error message for 1 respo

Arthur Brown February 13, 2018

Using DVCS plugin to connect to  GitHub Enterprise server, one repo consistently fails to sync with the message "Sync Failed: Error during sync. See server logs".  I got a copy of the (very large) file, catalina.out, but not really sure what kind of error signature to look for, Thought it might be related to Jira issue https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/dvcs-github-sync-failed-779160781.html, but applying that workaround  didn't seem tomake a difference. Running JIRA vsn 7.0.10.

3 answers

0 votes
Arthur Brown February 16, 2018

4-byte characters had worked their way into our git commit messages. Git allows this. Unfortunately, this character encoding does not sit well with older Jira/MySQL installs. Exceptions get thrown on INSERT, causing sync to fail.

This (open) issue link pretty much says it all

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-36135

If you're running Jira 3.7.x or not using MySQL as your database, you probably won't have this issue.

Arthur Brown February 16, 2018

errr, correction. that's 7.3.x

0 votes
BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2018

Hi Arthur, 

Is this a singular user or for any user the repo is configured for?  

If it's a singular user, I'd reset the creds and try again.

-Billy

Arthur Brown February 14, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion. But no, this is a multi-user environment. I've since figured out how to open a support ticket against our license.  Thanks again.

BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2018

Coolio!  When you do get the solution, if possible can you share here?  I'm super curious :)

Good luck!

Will do. BTW: since the sync had become useless to the organization anyway, resetting the creds was tried anyway; with no luck.

0 votes

Additional info:  Sync failure is coincident with log message: 

2018-02-14 10:47:31,898 DVCSConnector.MessageExecutor:thread-1 ERROR ServiceRunner     [c.a.j.p.d.service.message.MessageConsumer] Synchronization failed: null

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events