Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye is unable to index a git repository because of the licensed committer limit even though the .mailmap file is present

David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

We have been unable to index a newly cloned git repository with FishEye because it displays an error after a while:

Exceeded number of allowed committers

The git repository is cloned from TFS where 12 committers had checked in code over the life of the project (4 years). Most of these committers no longer work for the company so cannot be considered as 'active' committers.

As suggested by the article at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/Git+or+Hg+Repository+exceeds+number+of+allowed+Committerswe have committed a new .mailmap file to the git repository which maps all of the inactive users/emails to one single 'inactive' user (Inactive Users <inactive@company.tfs.local>). However this appears to have no effect, as the re-clone and re-index continues to repeatedly fail.

Entries take the form of:

olduser <olduser@company.tfs.local> inactiveusers <inactiveusers@company.tfs.local>

another-olduser <another-olduser@company.tfs.local> inactiveusers <inactiveusers@company.tfs.local>

We are using FishEye 3.3.0 Stater license on Windows Server 2008.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

It appears that I did not read the article at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/Git+or+Hg+Repository+exceeds+number+of+allowed+Committers carefuly enough.

Entries in the .mailmap file MUST have the target name/email BEFORE the 'old' name/email. Once I reversed all my entries, all historical committers are now mapped to the single inactive committer and FishEye is able to re-index successfully.

0 votes
Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2014

Can you check your log for a warning message which should list the committers it has found up to the point where it reaches the limit? I want to make sure your mailmap is not working or if you have missed some users.

David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2014

Thank you for your response. I have found entries in the log which list the committers.

2014-02-19 12:44:04,857 WARN [201:StdOutHandler java.lang.ProcessImpl@9e2b9f gitDHCore] fisheye DefaultLicenseEnforcer-validateCommitterLimit - Committer limit exceeded - committer list:...

The committer list contains 11 names/email addresses. 8 of these name/email pairs have been specified in the .mailmap file to map to a single Inactive User <inactive@[company].tfs.local>

git shortlog -nse displays a list of 12 committers - 11 of which match those in the committer list in the FishEye log file.

I can confirm that the .mailmap file is included in the FishEye clone (D:\ProgramData\Atlassian\FishEye\Data\var\cache\[gitRepo])

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events