Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while indexing git repository

Viachaslau June 1, 2014

Error

Repository index failed due to error com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryClientException: com.atlassian.fisheye.dvcs.handler.DvcsProcessException: Error while communicating with VCS: com.atlassian.fisheye.dvcs.handler.DvcsProcessException: Error while communicating with VCS: com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: While executing: "/usr/bin/git whatchanged --always --reverse --date-order -m --no-abbrev --no-renames f38ff1fa6386b5691aca2aa1b13af6706e9fad1d --pretty=format:C:%H%nP:%P%nA:%aN%nE:%aE%nR:%cN%nF:%cE%nD:%at%nS:%s%nB:%b%n@@fe_body_end@@ -- impl" in [/home/atlassian/tools/crucible/var/cache/REPO-NAME/clone] com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error processing path GitChangePath{action=MODIFY, srcPath='null', path='impl/oi2-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/namedQueries.xml', srcHash='0e0ec9a62a9addba461b4b1f924bbee48396f6f4', destHash='f7b8eae0bbc84969fc6f0dbf936107663f7bb8de', destMode=33188} java.lang.RuntimeException: Error processing path GitChangePath{action=MODIFY, srcPath='null', path='impl/ol2-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/namedQueries.xml', srcHash='0e0ec9a62a9addba461b4b1f924bbee48396f6f4', destHash='f7b8eae0bbc84969fc6f0dbf936107663f7bb8de', destMode=33188} java.lang.NullPointerException: null
But when I execute

/usr/bin/git whatchanged --always --reverse --date-order -m --no-abbrev --no-renames f38ff1fa6386b5691aca2aa1b13af6706e9fad1d --pretty=format:C:%H%nP:%P%nA:%aN%nE:%aE%nR:%cN%nF:%cE%nD:%at%nS:%s%nB:%b%n@@fe_body_end@@
via terminal - everything works fine.
Could someone help?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

Hi Viachaslau,

This is actually a little bit different of what I was looking for. I searched for something related to this and, based on the log, it is possible you are facing the bug described by https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-4335. Can you please confirm if you've set any include/exclude path for this repository? If this is the case, I would suggest removing the include/exclude paths defined, or adding this same repository (with a different name) without setting the include/exclude path for testing purposes, in order to see if it will be indexed.

If this is not the case, please consider the suggestion of opening a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.comfor a further investigation on this.

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

Viachaslau,

In addition to Felipe's words, as you said that from the command line you are not getting any errors, it is also possible you are facing the bug described by https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-4926.

In order to check this, I suggest you to look into your logs for a WARN containing a message "Parent not found". If this is the case, looking into the parent commit indicated, you might see double quotes in the files of this commit, which would cause FishEye to fail processing it. This should confirm this is the issue.

Please notice this is fixed since FishEye 3.1.5, so an Upgrade would solve this.

Viachaslau June 2, 2014

Thnak you all.

I tried to re-index from scratch,but that does not help.

I am using 3.4.0 version.

WARN message contains "Cannot resolve changeset parent id cdd39425cc664b656d07ac8840199a7170ab9488 for changeset c535e907c7a233cd9931157da412f0e7751cb83a in REPO-NAME". Gustavo,is that what you mean?

Magnus Hedemark January 5, 2016

Still seeing FE-4926 in 3.10.1.

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2014

Hi Viachaslau,

It looks like the caches in this repository have become corrupted someway. Would it be possible for you to re-index this repository from scratch?

It might be that the repository URL and/or path defined in FishEye are incorrect.

It might also help increasing the Operation Timeout setting.

Please also check that your Git version is among the supported versions for FishEye.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events