It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Dropbox / Git Repos Edited

Andrew Bevins Jun 20, 2018

It appears that Dropbox and Git Repos do not like each other.

Is it just best to abandon any hope of managing projects out of Dropbox or any cloud drive?

1 answer

0 votes
Baskar Annamalai Atlassian Team Jul 04, 2018

Hi @Andrew Bevins,

Not sure in which context the Git and Dropbox are not working hand-in-hand. As long the Dropbox/Google Drive able to sync the changes with low latency the repository can be hosted via the cloud storage. You might be interested in How To Use Dropbox And Git For Private Repos blog from Geek for Brains.

Regards,

Andrew Bevins Jul 05, 2018

Hi Baskar, I believe the issues stem from Symlinks in the Dropbox folder that contain Git projects. Dropbox continuously re-syncs all the files, which becomes a drain on system resources. I've reverted to pulling all my project files from Dropbox.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

What podcasts are you listening to right now?

Like the title says: what podcasts are in your rotation right now? Here are some favorites I've been in to from the last few weeks. The Ringer NBA Show I've been diving deep into the NBA Playoffs...

1,168 views 21 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you