Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible, git, ssh, gitolite repository access help needed

David Senterfitt April 8, 2014

We are just setting up Crucible/Fisheye to access our repositories. We use git with ssh and gitolite for access controls. I am unable to get a repo added to Crucible. Our typical git clone command will look like the following: git clone ssh://git@mygitserver.com/testing. I have created a passphraseless public/private key pair and uploaded the private key into Crucible. I have also used gitolite-admin to upload the public key into mygitserver for ssh and git access. I can't seem to get Crucible's repository details correct for successful connection.

1 answer

1 vote
David Senterfitt April 8, 2014

Ok, I found the answer in another post. It turns out I needed to change the format of my git connection details. Here are the values that worked for me. Repository Location: git@mygitserver.com:testing. Path: <empty>. Authentication Style: Upload private key for ssh. Apparently the key is the ":" before the repo name "testing".

buff buff August 10, 2014

Hi. I am having a similar problem to you. Where you finally able to use sourcetree to connect to gitolite? If so, please can you explain what you did.

David Senterfitt August 10, 2014

I was having an issue with Crucible connecting to a GIT repo using an SSH connection with GITOLITE configured for authentication. I don't do anything with sourcetree. I have resolved my described issue as mentioned in previous post.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events