Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to add a Form to an existing issue in JSM service project issue that has no form attached yet

Matt Lane November 14, 2022

Hi team,

I found that unless an issue in our JSM service project was raised with a 'Form' in our JSM portal, you had no way to go and manually add a new 'Form' to the created issue from the agent view of the issue.

See example below.  The usual "Forms" area that lives above the Activity section within the issue is missing, when there is no 'Form' already attached. Hence there is no (+ button) ability to go and attach a form manually to the issue, unless you have a Jira automation rule setup with manual trigger to attach a form that way.

2022-11-14_16-28-18.png

Is it possible this is going to be addressed in the future? So a form can be manually added to a service project issue that is yet to have a form added to it.

Cheers,

Matt

2 answers

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Andy P November 14, 2022

hit the . key or 3 dots menu with an issue open - 'Add form' is in the actions menu.

I agree it would be a big improvement to have it available in the main interface the way you have described though.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2022

I actually assume it is intentionally done like that to not take up UI space if you don't want to use any Forms.

Matt Lane November 14, 2022

Thanks Andy, much appreciated.

What was odd, and maybe this is because there is a particularly large amount of Workflow options for the issue I was trying this in, but the 'Add Form' option was not in that scrollable action menu list when I hit the "." key.

I actually had to search for it in the 'Find actions...' search bar in that dialog box, but in any case, was able to use the 'Add Form' action. Amazing!

Cheers

Andy P November 14, 2022

@  Dirk yeah its intentional I'm sure, I just wanted the option to change it. 

1 vote
Pascal Suppers November 14, 2022

Hi, I'm using an automation rule for this. Works fine as I only have to do this once (in bulk) but I can imagine a direct button (or +sign) could also be convenient.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events