Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push input to another field

AJohnston July 18, 2022

If I create a dropdown field on a form, is there a way to push what the user has selected into another field on that form? And would it update if/when the selection is changed?

Part 1: Let's say the dropdown is labeled "US States" and the user selects "California". I would like that value to be pushed to a hidden text field called "location". "Location" would be linked to a Jira text field also called "location".

The goal is 2 fold:

1) Allow different dropdowns for Location on different forms to all connect to one Jira field.

2) If there is another field that says "city", be able to merge both city and state fields' values into one Location field.

Part 2: If part 1 is possible, then if the user selects "California" at first but they meant to select "Colorado", would the value of the text field change to match?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

Hi @AJohnston ,

Thuis van be done with automation. Take a look at this post https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-to-access-the-form-data-in-Jira-Automations/qaq-p/2050277

I think this will do it for you 

Rudy

AJohnston July 18, 2022

Thank you. I can't think of the proper term but what I'm looking for is something that occurs while the value is being entered, so it's updating in real time before submission. The "location" text field would reactively update.

Form fields aren't currently supported for automation, so I was looking for a work-around.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events