Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Form webhook Issue data

Brandon Harris May 9, 2022

With the new forms recently enabled, I'm not getting the proper issue data when using the webhook automation.

I only get the default values, not the actual form values. All the fields are linked to jira fields and it's the jira field defaults that show up. Not the form data.

Is there anyway to get the actual form data in jira automations now that I've removed Proforma Lite?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes

In case anyone else runs into this, I managed to find the issue.

At some point with Proforma in JSM the request types had to have hidden fields with default values set for the forms to propagate the data form the form to theJira linked fields.

It seems with the new forms, the order of operations has changed and those hidden fields do not get overwritten by the form data, instead the forms update the jira linked fields, then the hidden defaults overwrite those.

So I removed all the hidden fields in the various request types we have in JSM and now the jira linked fields are showing up properly when the tickets are submitted.

0 votes

After more tinkering, it looks like the forms are not updating the linked jira native fields when the users submits the ticket in JSM.

Larry Hofmann May 16, 2022

I have been fighting this since the release of the new Forms.  Hopefully they will be fixing this and adding additional features soon.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events