Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form Automation Submission

tommy May 11, 2022

I think the 4 new automation actions for Forms are great! I was wondering if it's on the roadmap to allow for the automated "Submission" of a form or if there's another way around that.

Use case:

We use forms as the request front end in our portal to capture details at the point of submission. This is great because the form can be used to retain a reference of the initial submission data if the fields themselves are updated with other context from internal notes, etc.

However, we sometimes use an automation rule to create an issue from a webhook trigger. This bypasses that form's creation. With the new automation rules I can add the form automatically but it remains in an "Open" state which means the data can be altered by the request submitter. We'd like to avoid that and instead created a form and then "Submit" it an automated fashion.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2022

Hi @tommy 

First, sorry I missed your post earlier. 

We have plans for more automation capabilities. I'm not able to comment on the specifics right now. 

Keep you eye on this post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Ask-Me-Anything-AMA-about-Jira-Service-Management-Forms-Cloud/ba-p/2021052

On Monday, June 13, I'll publish a video in which Simon Herd (Product Manager) and I touch on automation plans.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events