Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you like to see in the Forms Group?

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2022

Hi Community Leaders! 

Thanks so much for joining the Group. As I mentioned in the Welcome post, the purpose of this group is to bring as much of the forms-related discussion into one place so it's easy to find.

I'd like to personally welcome you all here. Big shoutout to everyone who joined this week:

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ 

@Roberto Miasack 

@Kathy Hart 

@David Niro 

@Hana Kučerová 

@Pramodh M 

@JDave 

@Jimmy Seddon 

@Mikael Sandberg 

@Eric Mason 

@Adam Nichols (DISH) 

@Kishan Sharma 

@Dirk Ronsmans 

@Stuart Capel - London 

@Taranjeet Singh 

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

@egle_kaziulionyte 

@carlosughini 

@Mike Rathwell 

@Ollie Guan 

@Ammar Ahmed Butt 

@Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ 

FAQs coming soon

We're preparing a Forms FAQ post for the group. Here's a sneak peek at the questions we have so far:

• Do forms replace existing request types?
  • Does the form builder use Jira fields?
  • Does the form builder have its own field types?
  • How do Data Connections work?
  • When will form automation be released?

What else can we answer for you?

What questions do you have about forms? Ask in the comments below 👇

I'll answer in the comments and we'll include them in the FAQ page to help the rest of the community get up to speed quickly.

6 comments

Comment

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2022

I am looking forward to all of this @Peter Preston . The other one I would like to see addressed is migration from ProForma to Jira Forms for those who have quite a lot of that built already. Timing, what that will look like and what, if anything will break would be helpful to know.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2022

I've not had it come up (yet), but migration feels like a big thing for a lot of us!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2022

Thanks @Peter Preston!

I know you have said that you have an FAQ coming for "When will form automation be released".  Is there anything thing else you can share about the roadmap plans for forms (even at a high level) or somewhere it's posted that we can check in with every once in a while?

Like # people like this
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2022

I second any intel you can share with regards to roadmap, even if it's only indicative and you don't want to tie yourself down

Like # people like this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2022

Just added a comment to another post re: Automation -- we plan to release it in the next couple of months, but I'm still not able to share an exact date.

As for the roadmap, I'm hoping to share more of that here in the Forms Group. The integration has been our primary goal/focus, which I'm sure you appreciate. There are exciting things planned and I'm keen to share them as soon as I'm allowed :) 

Thanks for commenting and please keep the feedback, questions, comments coming!

Ammar Ahmed Butt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2022

Hi!! 

Thank you @Peter Preston for making this possible, you mentioned some of the questions in the post that I wanted to ask, I'm mentioning all the questions that I have in my mind. 

• Does the form builder have its own field types?
  • How do Data Connections work?
  • Can we clone the form to the Jira software project as well? Like currently I'm using "ADD ISSUE ON TRANSITION" App to clone fields, can this be done using this tool as well?
  • JSM is Company managed and JS is Team managed. 

Thanks in advance!! 

Like Peter Preston likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2022

@Peter Preston Thanks for this post! I think this post and the comments from other leaders have covered almost all the questions I have for now related to the new Form Builder in JSM Cloud.

I look forward to the Forms FAQs post so that I can get more details and ask any follow-up questions.

Like Peter Preston likes this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2022

Thanks for the comments, all. I'll do my best to include and address this stuff in the FAQ post. That can be a living post that we keep up to date as we go.

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2022

Shout out to @Josh Hammond and @Jack Brickey for joining the group. Welcome! 

Like Jack Brickey likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events