Share your ideas for a new 30-day video series on the new form builder

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2022

Hi Forms Group 👋

We heard form some customers that we haven't provided enough content about the new native form builder.

Help me shape the content

We've recorded a Lightning Talk about the new forms. That video is an introduction to the new form builder, but may not go into the right details for some. 

I'm making a 30 Days of Demos video series about the new form builder.

We'll release one 2-minute video each day for 30 days. Each video will focus on one feature of the new form builder. Some examples include rich text formatting, field validation, data connections, and cloning forms. 

I'd rather make videos and content that answer questions you and your users have. 

Remember, there will be 30 videos in all. I can cover a lot, so please share below which form features you'd like to learn more about. 

While you're at it, please tag someone (@mention them) in your comment so they can add ideas too. The more people who comment, the more people we can help.

Leave a comment below to let me know:

1. Are short, feature-based videos are helpful?
  2. Which form builder features would you like me to highlight in video?

1 comment

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

@Peter Preston I think the video training content for Form Builder is a great idea!

If the videos are short and concise that would be helpful, but I believe since this is a fairly new product for JSM Cloud, the videos should cover each and every feature so that users may have a comprehensive understanding of using this product to the best of its capabilities. Additionally, there should be videos covering common use cases for common types of forms that are created for various JSM processes or workflows, as well as any specific use cases that users might have requested in other posts in this group or would request here as comments.

Like • # people like this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2022

Great feedback, @Taranjeet Singh -- thank you!

Have you seen the Lightning Talk on the new form builder? I'm asking because I'd like to know how much detail would be helpful.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2022

@Peter Preston I haven't got a chance to see this Lightning Talk on the new form builder. But, I will go through it once I have some spare time from my busy work schedule.

As far as the details in a video are concerned, I don't think that you can put too much details on a feature and/or a use case in a 2-minute video. So, even if the length of a video ranges between 2 to 5 minutes, it should be acceptable by users (at least for me).

But I think that each video should cover a feature's definitions or basics, how to access & use it, its limitations, and its practical usage/implementation with an example. This example can be built upon by other videos for other features that also need a previous feature to be used/implemented.

Hope my suggestions/ideas make some sense! (I am not a content creator or designer at all :-))

Like • # people like this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2022

😀 @Taranjeet Singh your input is spot on. I appreciate you sharing what you'd like to see and what would be helpful. 

I want to make sure we're putting out content that helps build awareness of the form builder, but also how to make the most of it. Your feedback is helpful.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

Thank you for the appreciation, @Peter Preston !

Like • Peter Preston likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events