Forms submitted trigger

Jennifer Luo May 22, 2022

Hi, I'm currently preparing for the migration from Proforma Forms to Forms for Jira, but can't seem to test the Forms submitted trigger. Are there certain restrictions on this trigger? Would love some advice and insight.

Thanks!

1 comment

Comment

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2022

Hi. I made the same mistake: the trigger is not working yet. Take a look at the original announcement:

the Form Submitted trigger will not work until your instance has been migrated to the new form builder. Technical contacts will receive an email notifying them of when an instance will be migrated.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Forms-Articles/Rebuilding-ProForma-automation-rules/ba-p/1989717

Like # people like this
Jennifer Luo May 22, 2022

thanks Kalin - how did you go about testing these triggers before the migration? I would like to make sure nothing breaks post migration, but this is a live environment where these forms are being migrated

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2022

Well, I haven't tested them as the functionality is not available yet. I have prepared new automation rules and will test them on production once Atlassian pushes the new trigger to our instances.

Like Jennifer Luo likes this
Matt Lane May 24, 2022

I also found the new "Add form" Jira automation rule action did not work yet, as we are also still waiting on our migration. So for now I just reverted to using the Legacy automation rule method to Add ProForma form.

Like Kalin U likes this
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2022

I did exactly the same. I may post an update when we move away from the legacy automation.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events