Welcome to the Forms Group on Atlassian Community!

Welcome and thank you for joining us! We’re excited to have you here and hope to provide you with an amazing resource for all things Jira forms. If this is your first time in the Forms Group, please say hi and introduce yourself in the comments below 👋

This post is here to welcome new members, give you a quick overview of what the group is all about, and introduce the group moderators so you know who you’re interacting with here.

Why a group about forms?

Hat tip to @Jack Brickey for giving us the idea for this group!

At first glance, form builders may seem simple and kind of one-dimensional. You drag a field here. You write a description there. Add a submit button and you’re done.

But in reality, forms are so much more than just fields on a screen. Forms can become documents. Form data can trigger workflows and automations. Adding multiple forms to requests and issues means more work can get done in one place - in Jira.

It’s because of the complexity that comes once you discover all the things you can do with the new form builder that we started this group.

We intend the Forms Group to be your hub for forms-related information here in the Community. The more discussions about forms we can bring into this group, the easier it will be to get the answers you’re looking for.

Who’s moderating the Forms Group?

There’s a team of us at Atlassian who will jump in here to answer your questions, start discussions, and listen to your feedback. Here are a few of the people we’ve recruited:

• @Peter Preston – Senior Product Marketing Manager on the ITSM team and former marketing manager for ProForma

• @Simon Herd – Principal Product Manager on the Jira Service Management team and former CEO of ThinkTilt, maker of ProForma

There will also be teammates from design, engineering, support, and other teams joining the group. I’ve asked them to introduce themselves in the comments below.

Your turn

That’s a little bit about this group and the people running it. Now it’s your turn!

Your input and feedback will help us make this a valuable space. Add a comment below to say hi and share why you joined the group.

4 comments

Comment

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2022

Excited to see a bunch of new names on the members list this week! Shoutout to a bunch of the new faces:

@Keziah Cameron 

@Helen Hamza 

@elaineg 

@Todd Warrington 

@Michael Villis 

@Gary Blower _Clearvision_ 

@Alexander Bondarev 

@Stephen Sievwright 

@Yatish Madhav 

@Tomislav Tobijas 

@Max 

@pamela_wagner 

@kirsi.gustafsson 

@Amina CHAYEB 

@d_kirsching 

@Jimmy Petersson 

@Nick Meints 

@Marc Koppelaar 

@Fabian Lim 

Welcome to the Forms Group 👋  Please jump in and join the conversations, share feature suggestions, ask questions about the form builder... See you in the group.

Like # people like this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

A warm welcome to the new faces in the Forms Group.

Happy to have you here @Manish Arya , @Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_ , Katarzyna Pawlak _Deviniti_Lucas Cirelli LopesJames DirksKalin USteffen RauscherGustavo MaiaMilad Sayad 👋

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Just getting back to the group. I'm approaching some new projects and exploring the options that forms might afford me. One of the primary reasons that forms interest me is in hopes that I can avoid the custom fields abyss. To really like the structure of laying out more appealing forms. I have so little experience with these as yet but hope to gain some experience in the coming weeks.

One immediate question I have is - can I capture the content of forms within a comment? My use case is this - I'm integrating with a partner (using a non-JSM solution) using simple email integration. Specifically under certain conditions when a customer opens an issue in my JSM project I want to present a form to them to capture various information. Once the issue is created I will have automation that will send an email to the partner's application which will create a ticket in their system. I need the body of this email to contain the contents of the form. I'm going to start digging in on this now.

Like Peter Preston likes this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2022

Welcome @Jack Brickey -- you will be able to do that when form automation components are released (which is soon, date to-be-announced). 

This part of my answer will seem a bit ironic following your mention of the "custom fields abyss."

Form fields linked to Jira fields or custom fields can be included in the contents of an automation email. You'll need to know the smart values for all Jira and custom fields you need to email over to your partner's system.

Does that address the use case? Happy to work through it if I can help.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events