Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding ProForma automation rules

35 comments

Comment

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2022

@Matt Lane I'm sorry for my very slow response. Missed the notification of your note. You should have the native form builder now and you should be able to rebuild your automation rules. If you have any issues with the migration or rebuilding automation rules, please holler. You can also contact support -- they're ready to handle form-related inquiries.

Like Matt Lane likes this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2022

@Jan Stähle I can't say when forms will be natively available for Jira Software or Jira Work Management instances. If you have a business need for forms in Software or Work Management projects, you can contact support to see if forms can be turned on. 

Like Jan Stähle likes this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2022

Hi @Milad S_ -- tagging @Simon Herd to note your use case. Simon is a product manger working on forms. 

I can't say if/when it'll be developed, but I've seen/heard this request several times. 

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2022

Hi @Gustavo Diaz -- you should have all of the form automation components. Let's see if we can figure this out. A few questions:

Are you using Jira Service Management or Software?

Did you previously have the ProForma or ProForma Lite app installed? If you did and you can still see it in your instance, you can uninstall it. That may help. 

Gustavo Diaz June 22, 2022

@Peter Preston I am using Jira Service Management. I just uninstalled the ProForma Lite app but I still don't see the Form submitted button in Automation for Jira.

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2022

Thanks for the update, @Gustavo Diaz 

I suggest you contact support if you can. Let them know that you were a ProForma user and that your instance has been migrated to the native form builder. 

Sean Thorburn July 14, 2022

Hi, I'm new to this community, but it looks like the right place for meaningful discussions.  In JSM, is there a way to place 'Read Only' information on a form that is sourced in either Jira or Insight?

I tried adding a form field and linking that field to a Jira field, but I don't see an option to make the contents 'Read Only'.  And, I couldn't find a way using automation to "push" Jira field data to a Form. (in some limited cases I was able to Regex Validation for force the data from being altered, but that "solution" is kludgy - because they need to remember the original value exactly to move forward)  

Also, we need the information to be 'Read Only' in the Portal (less important that it's 'Read-Only' in the back end). 

Thank you for your help,

Sean

Sean Thorburn July 14, 2022

(sorry for re-post.  browser issue)

Hi, I'm new to this community, but it looks like the right place for meaningful discussions.  In JSM, is there a way to place 'Read Only' information on a form that is sourced in either Jira or Insight?

I tried adding a form field and linking that field to a Jira field, but I don't see an option to make the contents 'Read Only'.  And, I couldn't find a way using automation to "push" Jira field data to a Form. (in some limited cases I was able to Regex Validation for force the data from being altered, but that "solution" is kludgy - because they need to remember the original value exactly to move forward)

Also, we need the information to be 'Read Only' in the Portal (less important that it's 'Read-Only' in the back end).

Thank you for your help,

Sean

Like Peter Preston likes this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2022

Welcome to the community and the forms group @Sean Thorburn 👋

We hear you! I don't have a timeline to share, but read-only form fields are on the roadmap. 

Jason Greene September 28, 2023

Why is this not available yet?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events