----\module2\
----\module2\branches\dev
----\module2\tags\t1.0
----\module2\trunk
----\module3\
----\module3\branches\dev
----\module3\tags\t1.0
----\module3\trunk

which means one repository has multiple modules, and each module has its one branch and tag folders.

The question is if in fisheye I create one repository for one module, it is quite difficult to maintain, because we have more than 20 modules, and it will be more and more later.

And now I create one repository for all modules based on the SVN repository ROOT.

But the issue is when add content to review, the add branch function is not working as expected, it will create diff based on the whole repository for all modules.

So how can I only add one repository for all modules and still benefit from add branch function when add contents to review?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2018

Dear @Zan,

I recommend to have one Fisheye repository per module. This will easy up all things and doesn't require to sync up all the same time.

So long

Thomas

Zan February 9, 2018

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. If we create repository based on modules, it will be so many repositories, is it possible to group repositories by project. which means when I create a review, and select a project, only repositories under that project will be displayed. currently as long as a user has permission, when add content to a review it will see all repositories which he has read permission, it is quite noisy to see other repositories which not related with the project due to so many repositories. 

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2018

Dear @Zan,

yes it is possible. You can add many repositories to one project. This is a kind of "grouping".

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2018

Dear @Zan,

was my answer good enough to be accepted?

Many Thanks

Thomas

Zan February 25, 2018

Hi Thomas, 

It is not working as you described. Though we can add group repositories to one project, but when create review for one project, it listed all repositories even those didn't add to the project.  

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2018

Dear @Zan,

then it's a Crucible limitation. The grouping was for Fisheye projects.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events