Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just bought license, now repository is down after entering new license

dead mike July 11, 2018

Failed to start repository SDi: Problem loading repository 'SDi' - Current repository index is not compatible with your license, please re-index.

2 answers

0 votes
eric_gagnon_banq April 20, 2020

It's the 10 historic committers limit per repository that is in cause (we have 11 because people people come and go).

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Fisheye-Crucible-questions/FishEye-and-Crucible-License-limit-reached-indexing-stopped/qaq-p/737196

0 votes
dead mike July 11, 2018

nevermind, that error was misleading.

NOW maybe someone can tell me how to delete this post?

Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2018

I'm not sure I understand what happened exactly, but we could always file an improvement request  to make the error clearer. Can you better explain what happened and how you resolved this? Maybe one of our other customers will have the same problem and stumble on this post. If this is nothing other customers can benefit from, we can remove the post. 

dead mike August 2, 2018

there is no way to properly account for and right size our understanding for which license is appropriate. DESPITE the fact fisheye tracks all that, those limits using the free version (to test) was not readily apparent.

thus, i mistakenly believed, under the current operational parameters, we wouldn't need to spend 110x more to license the product.

this was not true, we hit the historic limit, which has no current operational bearing, but would seem to be an arbitrary decision of how to generate sales, it would seem.

after buying the license, it stopped at 38% and wouldn't budge. after some research, it was determined that the only thing as that some recording feature on historical commits.

for our needs, this is not that important and has clarified thinking to maybe just move to git or improve upon an open source indexer, svnfind.

dead mike August 2, 2018

in any case, it definitely moved us squarely away from consideration of your product.

eric_gagnon_banq April 20, 2020

I stumbled on the exact same issue. I was using the trial and updated to the 5 user licence (bough fisheye and crucible). We are two user, one repo but having quite a voluminous history.

From what I read here, it suggest that it could be a limit from the licence but there was no mention of that from what I remember (I will double check).

I'll try to search some more and try to restard the indexation tonight....

Anyway to confirm that it's not voluntary limit?

Everything went fine for the month we used the trial.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events