historical commiters limit - Starter License

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Hello

In the artikel "restriction of starter license" there is following section:

• Map Committers
    If your developers have not correctly configured their committer names for Git or Mercurial, they may have committed with multiple identities. It is then possible to remap these to correct the problem. See the knowledge base article, Git or Hg Repository exceeds number of allowed Committers

SVN is not mentioned here. Does this not work for SVN or is just not mentioned?
Because if not this is more like a bug for me....

1 answer

1 vote
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2017

Hi @Norbert,

This option only applies to Git and Mercurial repositories, which allow their committers history to be rewritten / remapped by following that link.

The other options from Restrictions on FishEye Starter Licenses apply to SVN repositories:

• Generate a 30-day evaluation license, selecting a license that allows more users than the Starter license.
  • Upgrade your existing Starter license, which willl remove the user limit.
  • Reconfigure your repository, by either:
    • Changing your repository definition so as to look at a subset of your repository, reducing the indexing scope and the number of users involved.
    • Excluding parts of your repository that are not really relevant. Committers that are active only in these areas will not appear in Fisheye and will not be included in the committer count.
    • Set a specific revision to start indexing from. All commits prior to this starting point will be ignored by Fisheye, so the committers who performed those commits won't be included in the committer count.

Sincerely,

Felipe Kraemer

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Hello

The problem here is, that my svn project is quite old (~9 years)
So I have a lot of commiters but normally no more then 4 people work at the same time with the project..
Also because of some technical issues we have some Commiters with different names in the SVN...

so this also makes sense for SVN (I admit its rare case)

Nevertheless thanks for the answer
i solved the problem by limiting the history to 2 years. Its good enough for my use case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events