cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fisheye parsing repository is extremely slow

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

Crucible/Fisheye(CF) is going to be used for code reviews ONLY even though Fisheye is a SVN Repo browser with limited capabilities compared with ToroiseSVN or RapidSVN. CF needs to parse the repository and then store the results in a SQL based database(MySQL in our case). This is an incredibly slow process. I don't need CF to parse the "actual" source code repository branches (i.e. /main, /trunk, /branches/release[s]/) because the code needs to be inspected before it is allowed on these branches. As a result, the only branch that needs to be parsed is the /branches/private/ subdirectories but this is massive with every designer taking a copy of /main, /trunk or /branches/release[s]/?? to work on. CF with its native/default svn plugin does not understand or emulate the lightweight directory structure of SVN and its incredibly efficient means of copying directories and only storing the deltas.

The actual/entire repository is 5.7G in size and after a day of parsing (and indicating 0% complete) of just the /branches/private/* subtree, the "FISHEYE_INST" directory is 1.2G so this could result in a CF database being considerably larger than the actual SVN repo.

Suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

I stopped it after 24 hours. I decided to rethink my process and instead created a new /branches/reviews branch and I'll only parse that branch. The process will be that any code submission destine for formal code release (i.e. /main or /branches/releases) will be developed in this new branch. Starting fresh.

I would have be nicer if fisheye could better interface with SVN rather than "indexing" and creating a blotted view in another database.

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2014

Has the Scan phase already finished ? If so, you can begin using Crucible immediately. The Indexing phase which takes the longest provides functionality needed by FishEye only.

Also - have you added /branches/private/ as an includes to ensure nothing else is indexed by FishEye that doesn't need to be.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events