cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fisheye jira connection after project rename in JIRA

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

Hi all,

Not sure if it is just Monday, but I am stumped.  I originally setup all JIRA and Fisheye/Crucible projects/connections and have a 1-1 project connection between the two.  I recently redesigned JIRA and moved all the issues from one JIRA project to another.    Afterwards if any of the developers reference JIRA from the source code repo (Perforce, but we are moving to GIT) to the new project name it does not show on development tools.   If they use the old project name it works.   

Where is the setting in Fisheye/Crucible that ties it to the JIRA project?  Or what can I do to debug why development tools does not show for this one JIRA project only (The JIRA permissions allow anyone to view development tools on the new project)

Thanks,

Robert

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

Hey Robert!

When you log into fecru, go to Cog Icon -> Administration -> Project Settings -> Projects.  In there, you should see any linked projects, and a link for Application Links.  Check in there for any JIRA project mappings you may need to update to match the new naming scheme.  You may need to remove the application link and re-add it.  I've never done that before personally, but it shouldn't cause any issues.

Let me know if that gets you in the right direction!  Thanks!

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2016

Hi Cody,

Thanks for the response, I did check there but those appear to be the crucible projects.  I did check the applications links though and had nothing there.  I did add them we'll see if that helps things.

I believe the product is actually working as expected.  From my developer: "So if the CL comment is modified later on, Fisheye will not pick up on the modification? Sound like Fisheye only analyzes the CL comment when it's first entered and not on any subsequent edits."

Is that statement true? 

Thanks again for the help,

Robert

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2016

That's an excellent question, and I hate to say that I don't really know the answer.  Let me do some digging and see what I can find, though!  I don't personally have a ton of experience with fecru/JIRA integration, so I take opportunities like this to expand my knowledge a bit.  smile

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2016

Robert, check out this feature request.  It's old, but it might be relevant:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-3876

Specifically:

If commit-messages need to be changed in a SVN-repository, for example if the JIRA-Key was missing, a re-index of Fisheye is necessary to show the correct information on the source tab of an issue in Jira.

Does that sound like what you're running into?

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2016

Yes it does.  I will try that.  Of course there are several choice to reindex 

Repository Source Index
Review-Revision Data Index
Line Count Data Index
Changeset Discussion Index
Perforce Changelists

I assume it is the Perforce changelist, I will give that a try!

Thanks!  (will come back and mark it answered if that works...)

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2016

Yeah, I'd start there and see what happens.  

Good luck!  I'm super curious if that'll work.  smile

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2016

Worked like a champ.   The re-index does take forever though.  I am looking into scheduling a Saturday night re-index through a cron mechanism or something to help with this.  Thanks again for your help!  

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2016

Huh, I do not see a way to reindex FIsheye through Cron.  New question time smile

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38760458

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2016

Awesome!  I'm super happy that it worked out.  And yeah; reindexing can really take a long time, depending on how much data there is.

I'll do a bit of research on reindexing via a cron job and reply to that new question if I come across anything useful.

Thanks!!  smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events