fisheye cold failover

Has anyone implemented a cold failover instance for fisheye ? If so, are there any recommendations ?

We have a fisheye installation and a instance directory. Copying both the directories to another instance will work. But, is there a specific directory that needs to be synced between the instances ?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

FishEye/Crucible internal state is kept in

• filesystem in $FISHEYE_INST folder
  • configured database

In order to keep cold failover system you need to ensure both of them are copied consistently to failover location.  Note copying live system is very dangerous as you risk having inconsistent data.  

The recommended way of backing up a system is using built in tools, documented in https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/backing-up-and-restoring-fisheye-data-298976928.html.  If you want to customise it and take benefit of filesystem snapshot mechanisms for instance, I would suggest the following approach:

• take FishEye/Crucible instance down (e.g. run bin/stop.sh)
  • copy database to failover location
  • copy filesystem to failover location (e.g. with the use of rsync, FS snapshots etc.)
  • take FishEye/Crucible instance up

it would require short downtime but should ensure consistency of the data.  

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

82 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you