Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fisheye 3.10.3 : how to start indexing from a given point of repository

Laura SARGSYAN November 23, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Re-indexing your repository

We have a problem with our repository with revision XXX. Is it possible to start indexing from the particular revision or a date? I found in documentation that this could be done by configuring Start Revision parameter. Here.

It's not understandable where one can modify the command

e.g.

svn log -r {YYYY-MM-DD}:HEAD <SVN_URL> -l 1

Thank you.

Regards

4 answers

0 votes
Maciej Swinarski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2016

Hi, 

You can edit repository settings. If they will require a re-index, you will be notified about this.

Go to: Administration > Repositories > [repository name] > SCM details (tab) > Start revision

mac

Laura SARGSYAN November 24, 2016

Found it. Started to re-index.

Thank you.

Laura SARGSYAN November 24, 2016

Re-indexing finished very fast ,but when I browse repository get only one commit for revision #x  that I choose as a Start revision

0 votes
Laura SARGSYAN November 23, 2016

Start Revision appears when you add directory. How to deal if you already configured and want to modify due to some repo issues? in my case I added repo and got an error

Repository paused due to error com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryClientException: org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E204900: Can't read file '/svn/reps/aaaaa/revs/x/xxxx': End of file found

I would like to restart indexing but from the e.g xxxx+1 version. Is it any way to modify this?

Thanks.

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2016

Hello Laura,

Please, run the command given in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE0310/Configuring+Start+Revision+based+on+date

With the revision number update the Start Revision input field in your Subversion repository.

SettingDescription

Start Revision

If set, the revision number from which FishEye will start indexing the repository. The default is to start scanning from the first revision in the repository.

More information on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE0310/Subversion

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico

0 votes
Maciej Swinarski
Atlassian Team
November 23, 2016

Hi,

The command you have found is just a way to find a revision on a given date. 

If you know the start revision, you can configure it on the administration screen of your repository:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/subversion-298976887.html

Start Revision - If set, the revision number from which FishEye will start indexing the repository. The default is to start scanning from the first revision in the repository.

On a side note I would strongly advise to upgrade FishEye 4.2.

mac

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events