Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cucible and fish eye licence

Mallikharjun September 7, 2015

Dear team,

We have JIRA license for 100users and Crucible for 25 users. JIRA ans Crucible sharing the same user-database. But Out of 100 users we need specific 25 users to use the Crucible. Crucible by default loading the first 25 users in alphabetical order. How to load the specific 25 users  to use and authenticate against Crucible?. Crucible downloaded after extracting name is fecru-3.9.0. Where we do not have the license for Fisheye. And all the installations also taking by default as fisheye-home like that.

can you please explain me what is the correct binary to install crucible?. Do we really need to have license for Fisheye also.?

Regards

mallikharjun

2 answers

0 votes
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2015

Hi @Mallikharjun,

I doesn't really matter what binary, FishEye or Crucible, you actually use.  As explained in the other reply both products are actually pretty much binary (difference is only few details on the setup pages), but depending on the licences you set up in your instance you would get FishEye and/or Crucible parts of the application enabled only.

In your configuration just use FishEye or Crucible binary and set up Crucible license, so you would be allowed to use Crucible by 25 users.

Now, regarding the question how to select which 25 out of 100 users should have access to Crucible, it is possible.  I'm guessing by 

JIRA ans Crucible sharing the same user-database

you mean Crucible is set up to use JIRA as authentication source, as explained on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Allowing+Other+Applications+to+Connect+to+JIRA+for+User+Management page.  In order to select which users have access to your system define a group of users in JIRA that should have access to Crucible, add up to 25 users to that group in JIRA, then configure JIRA authentication so only users who belong to that group can log in to Crucible.  See the screenshots:

cru-jira-step1.png

cru-jira-step2.png

Hope that helps,

Piotr

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2015

FishEye and Crucible are bundled together in the same binary file and you can enable them by pasting FishEye and/or Crucible license keys during setup or in the administration panel.

You don't need to have FishEye license to run Crucible. In case you have Crucible license only, it will run with a "light FishEye" version. More details here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/what-happens-if-i-decide-to-stop-using-fisheye-with-crucible-298977364.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events