connect ondemand-jira and (corporate network) svn

we use the ondemand-platform-jira and a SVN in a corporate network and we want to achieve that the SVN commit information (file path and name, commit comment, version number) appears in the corresponding jira ticket (by entering the jira ticket id in the commit comment).

As I have learned, the "nearest" solution (the SVN plugin in jira) is not available on the ondemand platform.

The alternative is to use FishEye.

Now my question:

Where does the FishEye application have to be installed to provide best the connection between ondemand-jira and cn-svn:

- in the corporate network (-> near the svn) ...

- ... or in the ondemand environment (-> near the jira) ...

- ... or ... ?

Kind regards

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Daniel,

You will have to install FishEye in an environment where it can both access your SVN server, and is also accessible to Atlassian's OnDemand hosting. If you install it behind your corporate firewall then you will need to open up a port for the hosted JIRA to connect to it.

Hi Richard, many thanks for your answer!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

447 views 6 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot