Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the Crucible Plugin for Eclipse?

John John July 18, 2011

Online I am seeing no mention of the Crucible plugin for Eclipse. There used to be a connector my company used to use, but now in Eclipse it is showing up under the update site as being "Obsolete Atlassian Crucible & Fisheye Integration".

What is the appropriate link and method for connecting to Crucible from within Eclipse?

Thanks

3 answers

2 votes
jeichels August 9, 2011

Thank you for responding as you did in email as well. As mentioned, this caused our company a loss of about two weeks of work and almost stopped us from using Atlassian tools from both the perspective of not having the tool as well as the fact that it gave management here an impression that the products were unstable in terms of long-term support.

Keep in mind in your decision, that developers do not necessarily find doing code reviews in a browser the right location. The connector allowed developers to be in a section of code to review and they would be able to link to code dependencies right in the IDE. The web interface does not allow for this. For us, the web interface would have been for quick and easy code reviews, and the connector for complex code reviews.

John Eichelsdorfer

0 votes
Melanie Wright
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2011

Our decision to slim down our IDE connectors was a tough move that we didn't approach lightly.

First things first - you can install the previous version that includes Crucible support.

* Note that to install the 2.3 version, which includes Crucible support for Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6, you'll need to use this URL for your update site: http://update.atlassian.com/atlassian-eclipse-plugin/2.3.0/e3.5

Secondly, while Atlassian has dropped development of some particular features, the connectors are open source and hosted on Bitbucket. Please feel free to fork the Eclipse repository and contribute to the project.

As the initial blog covers, we decided that refocusing our IDE efforts would allow us to shift that impact on other areas and we've already seen some of that with the renewed JIRA importers, etc. I know that does not help your position and I'm sorry that this change has affected you.

One thing that we are doing here in our sales group is collecting data from customers on the IDE connectors for our Product Management team. I'd be interested in the details on two things: 1) what is the scope of the impact this decision has made for you and your org (inconvenience to show-stopper) and 2) what specific lost features are you missing the most. Please email us at sales@atlassian.com - we'd love to hear from you.

0 votes
mstudman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2011

Unfortunately Crucible & Fisheye integration with the connector is obsolete. The last version to have this support was 2.3.0. I know of no plans to resurrect this support nor do I know of any 3rd party plugins to do this. Sorry.

John John July 22, 2011

This is a potentially serious issue for our company. We are just purchasing Jira + Crucible/Fisheye in part because we tested and used the Crucible plug-in in Eclipse. Now it is no longer supported? This could be a big problem for us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events