Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Fisheye - contents of the VAR folder

shabbaranks August 11, 2013

Hi,

Im looking to upgrade our FIsheye version and have followed the necessary steps. Before I continue I just wanted to double check that within the VAR folder there should be cache, data folders amoungst others as the instructions also refer to cach and data folders in the inst directory?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
shabbaranks August 26, 2013

Based on the fact repoistory management is moving away from Fisheye, would you still submit\push\pull repositories with msysgit or is it controlled using stash via a web interface?

Thanks

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2013

Hi Shabbaranks,

By default, FishEye/Crucible is using the var folder in the FishEye/Crucible home directory. If you have set FISHEYE_INST environment variable, FishEye/Crucible will copy the current <FishEye/Crucible home directory>/var folder to the new FISHEYE_INST/var directory.

If you are using FISHEYE_INST environment variable, there is no need to copy over the content of <FishEye/Crucible home directory>/var folder cause all the data has been copied to FISHEYE_INST/var directory. You can ignore <FishEye/Crucible home directory>/var folder and use FISHEYE_INST/var directory only.

Regards,

Foong

shabbaranks August 12, 2013

Hi Foong,

If I look at the Fisheye setup its currently like this

<Fisheye/Crucible home directory>/Var

<Fisheye/Crucible home directory>/repositories

<Fisheye/Crucible home directory>/bin

<Fisheye/Crucible home directory>/content etc etc

I have created a FISHEYE_INST envorimental variable and pointed it to d:\fisheye_data within that folder is:

FISHEYE_INST\backup

FISHEYE_INST\cache

FISHEYE_INST\var

FISHEYE_INST\config.xml

So if I extract fisheye-3.0.3.zip to <Fisheye/Crucible home directory> it'll overwrite whats currently there (apart from the repositories) and it should be upgraded and working?

Thanks

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2013

It is not recommended to extract the latest FishEye/Crucible zip to the older FishEye/Crucible home directory. There might be certain files that should be deleted but still exist in the home directory after the extract.

Please extract fisheye-3.0.3.zip to another directory and make sure that the upgrade is successful before modifying the home directory later.

By the way, FishEye/Crucible home directory does not have the repositories folder by default. What is the content of this folder?

shabbaranks August 12, 2013

SO I can "-old" the old home folder and unzip the new installation to a new folder location. The Fisheye/Cruicible home directory has all the .git repositorys in it. The folders of the repositories are also in the cache folder?

Looks like I need to follow this procedure https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE027/Migrating+your+Repositories+Root

Foong
Atlassian Team
August 13, 2013

SO I can "-old" the old home folder and unzip the new installation to a new folder location.

Yes

The Fisheye/Cruicible home directory has all the .git repositorys in it. The folders of the repositories are also in the cache folder?

The folder with .git is where the content of the Git repositories hosted by FishEye/Crucible stored. Those Git repositories still need to be indexed by FishEye/Crucible and kept the index in the cache folder since most of the functions/operations in FishEye/Crucible work with the index in the cache folder.

Looks like I need to follow this procedure https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE027/Migrating+your+Repositories+Root

Yes. Since you are hosting Git Repository in FishEye/Crucible, you will need to migrate the repository content too.

Please take note that the support for internally managed Git repository has been ended today as stated in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/End+of+Support+Announcement+for+Internally+Managed+Repositories

shabbaranks August 26, 2013

Based on the fact repoistory management is moving away from Fisheye, would you still submit\push\pull repositories with msysgit or is it controlled using stash via a web interface?

Thanks

Foong
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2013

Yes, you still need to use mysysgit to perform submit\push\pull from the repository. Stash is just a server to host the repository with extra functions to manage the repository. You may want to try using SourceTree instead of msysgit too: http://www.sourcetreeapp.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events