Uninstall Fisheye Error

Hi there,

I am trying to uninstall FeCru 3.5.3a nd getting this Error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Atlassian\Crucible\FeCru\.install4j\files.log (File not found)

Can anybody give me an advise what to do?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Phil,

I suspect that you might be facing a permission issue on the folder. Could you please ensure that you're running the uninstaller with an administrator account and that you have full control access on the application folder?

In case you already checked this and you are still unable to uninstall it, you may try to remove the installation manually, and then install again (I tested this locally to ensure the new install works properly):

1. Remove the "Atlassian FishEye" (or "Atlassian Crucible") service. this can be manually done by stopping the service, and then running the following in the Command Line:

SC DELETE "Atlassian FishEye"
  2. Remove the directory where FishEye is installed (C:\Atlassian\Crucible\FeCru).

You can then proceed installing it again (if this is your intention).

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Hello,

thank you for your advise Gustavo, even though i resolved the problem in the meantime by myself:

1. Installing FeCru into a fresh directory

2. Copy the files.log into corrupted installation

3. Uninstall instance

Hi Phil, Thanks for pointing that as an option too :) Regards, Gustavo Refosco

Did you try by creating it? I.e: touch files.log

Pablo, I tried it before trying the manual uninstall. In fact there is some information in the original files.log that I believe is used by the uninstaller, so a file without content didn't help for me.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Trello

Alice Camilla on organizing your work/life/fandoms with Trello!

@Alice Camilla is a university student, currently writing her MA thesis in Archaeology. She's also a freelance blogger and content creator, writing about geeky stuff from productivity apps to JR...

39 views 1 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you