Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to launch Crucible, get "The server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized" in logs on failure

Brad Costa July 2, 2018

Over the weekend our fisheye/crucible instance stopped working. After troubleshooting this morning I found the ODBC drive was missing. I installed the latest version from MySQL and now when I try to launch the applications I receive the error "The server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone." in the logs and the applications fail to launch.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2018

Who kidnapped the ODBC driver? It should not go missing by itself.

Which mysql version? v6 or above?

Previous version need to specify the timezone explicitly.

e.g from SO.

jdbc:mysql://localhost/db?useUnicode=true&useJDBCCompliantTimezoneShift=true&useLegacyDatetimeCode=false&serverTimezone=UTC
jdbc:mysql://localhost/db?useUnicode=true&useJDBCCompliantTimezoneShift=true&useLegacyDatetimeCode=false&serverTimezone=UTC
Brad Costa July 2, 2018

Thank you. And yes, the first thing I thought was, "where the heck did the driver go." But, I am saving that manhunt for after getting it running again. My version of MySQL is "mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.21, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper." I am worried the fisheye/crucible database have become corrupt. When I run the command you suggested, twice, I get:

root@ubuntu:~# jdbc:mysql://localhost/db?useUnicode=true&useJDBCCompliantTimezoneShift=true&useLegacyDatetimeCode=false&serverTimezone=UTC
[1] 18032
[2] 18033
-su: jdbc:mysql://localhost/db?useUnicode=true: No such file or directory
[3] 18034
root@ubuntu:~# jdbc:mysql://localhost/db?useUnicode=true&useJDBCCompliantTimezoneShift=true&useLegacyDatetimeCode=false&serverTimezone=UTC
[4] 18039
[5] 18040
-su: jdbc:mysql://localhost/db?useUnicode=true: No such file or directory
[6] 18041
[1]   Exit 127                jdbc:mysql://localhost/db?useUnicode=true
[2]   Done                    useJDBCCompliantTimezoneShift=true
[3]   Done                    useLegacyDatetimeCode=false

Brad Costa July 2, 2018

I also tried applying this to my connection string in the crucible/fisheye config.xml file but the Apache XML parser barfs on the character after the '?'.

Problem with config file: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Unexpected character encountered (lex state 12): 'u'

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2018

You need to investigate what happened over the weekend before you try anything else. It sounds like a botched attempt at db migration.

This is definitely a bug in mysql v5.

If you are not allowed to define the timezone in the connection string than you need to add it to the mysql config file on your db.server. e.g

default_tim_zone='+05:00' in /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysql.cnf in mysqlis section- depending on your mysql installation.

Restart the db for new settings to take effect.

Brad Costa July 5, 2018

So it turns out you are correct. Long story short, I inherited management of these tools when I came onboard. Those here before me had no experience with them and were just, "trying them out." So it looks like sometime in that past someone tried to go from the 4.4.x release to the current 4.5.3 but it didn't work. When I started the 4.4 version it was fine. I will redo the update later and hopefully have better success. Thank you for your assistance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events