Symbolir Rules and Commit Graphs

Tim Davis March 26, 2014

We have a slightly custom SVN repository structure for FishEye to index with the following organisation:

trunk/
branches/dev/BRANCH_NAME
branches/rel/BRANCH_NAME
tags/dev/TAG_NAME
tags/rel/TAG_NAME

We've got the "Symbolic Rules" setup so that FishEye can interpret version realtionships correctly.

However, it seems that the "Commit Graph" does not use this (or I am doing something wrong), because it's swimlanes ust show "rel" and "dev" etc., not the TAG_NAME or BRANCH_NAME that we'd like.

If this possible, has anyone cracked this?

This isn't a show stopper, we might just have to get rid of the "rel" and "dev" sub folders

Thanks in advance for any help of suggestions

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Davis April 13, 2014

I've carried on trying a few more permutations of settings but, it seems like the Commit Graph does not use the Symbolic Rules defined to locate the tags and branches locations.

Easiest solution is not to use sub-folders

Thanks for your input. I'll close this question now

1 vote
Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2014

What is your symbolic rules setup? Do you have the built-in rules checked?

It is possible that the auto rules are recognizing the branches/dev/BRANCH_NAME paths are operations in a branch called "dev". Unchecking that should let your custom rules work.

0 votes
Tim Davis March 27, 2014

Hi Conor, thanks for you reply.

I've tried unchecking the "Use Built-In" but does not seem to resolve the problem. The setup is as follows:

Use Built-In Symbolic Rules: unchecked
Custom
trunk(/|$) trunk <blank>
branches/([^/]+)/([^/]+) ${2} ${2}
tags/([^/]+)/([^/]+) ${2} ${2}

Folder structure looks like:

branches/
dev/proj001/
rel/REL1.0/
tags/
dev/
rel/REL1.0.1
trunk

And the Commit Graph is identifies the following branches

trunk
tag
rel
root ... Not the proj001 or REL1.0 etc.

I suspect that Commit Graph probably doesn't obey the custom rules. Just be good to confirm before I 'give up' on this and resturcture the SVN repository.

Any ideas are very welcome

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events