Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sql Server collation for Crucible

Michael Mulvogue December 12, 2012

I have read in the Crucible doco that when using SQL Server the database needs to have case sensitive collation, specifically Latin1_General_CS_AS

But does Crucible require that the same collation be set for the entire sql server instance? Or can the server collation be different?

For example will having a tempdb with a case insensitive collation cause problems?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2013

It is not needed for the entire SQL server instance, it is needed only for the database that you are creating for Crucible.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Hi Michael,

I was doing some research into this issue for you and I've found that Crucible should indeed be using a Case Sensitive collation schema, (specifically Latin1_General_CS_AS), as stated in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Migrating+to+SQL+Server#MigratingtoSQLServer-Step1.InstallandCreateanSQLServerDatabase

In
fact it seems that this knowledge base article also describes one of the problems you can expereince from having a case insensitive schema configured, so I would strongly advise you to use the suggested schema: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/SQLServer+DB+is+using+a+collation+which+is+not+case+sensitive

All
the best,
John

Michael Mulvogue December 13, 2012

Thanks for the quick response John.

I think my question was a little unclear though, i saw in the doco that the Crucible/Fisheye database needs case sensitive collation. But my question was whether or the entire sql server instance needs case sensitive collation as well.
For example I know that having a different collations between your database and tempdb can cause problems if using temp tables.
Will update the question to try to make this clearer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events