Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restructure SVN repository and get Fisheye index with it

Koustav Dey October 3, 2013

Hello,

We have an unconventional svn repository structure. With the current repository structure, it is not possible to define symbolic rules in Fisheye. Therfore, I decided to restructure the repository to have a more conventional structure so that Fisheye does not have complains regarding that. However, after restructuring and initiating the Fisheye indexing, I get the following error

Problem processing revisions from repo Varuna-test due to class com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryClientException - java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryClientException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

at com.cenqua.fisheye.svn.SvnThrottledClient.executeNoThrottle(SvnThrottledClient.java:171)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.svn.SvnThrottledClient.execute(SvnThrottledClient.java:132)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.svn.SvnThrottledClient.info2(SvnThrottledClient.java:99)

at com.atlassian.fisheye.svn.Svn2Infill2Processor.getInfo(Svn2Infill2Processor.java:368)

at com.atlassian.fisheye.svn.Svn2Infill2Processor.infillChangeSet(Svn2Infill2Processor.java:187)

at com.atlassian.fisheye.svn.Svn2Infill2Processor.access$100(Svn2Infill2Processor.java:78)

at com.atlassian.fisheye.svn.Svn2Infill2Processor$1.perform(Svn2Infill2Processor.java:121)

at com.atlassian.fisheye.svn.Svn2Infill2Processor$1.perform(Svn2Infill2Processor.java:110)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.cache.BaseRevisionCache.withDbWriteLock(BaseRevisionCache.java:967)

at com.atlassian.fisheye.svn.Svn2Infill2Processor.process(Svn2Infill2Processor.java:110)

at com.atlassian.fisheye.svn.Svn2Scanner.slurpRepository(Svn2Scanner.java:210)

at com.atlassian.fisheye.svn.Svn2Scanner.doSlurpTransaction(Svn2Scanner.java:177)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.BaseRepositoryScanner.ping(BaseRepositoryScanner.java:85)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.BaseRepositoryEngine.doSlurp(BaseRepositoryEngine.java:92)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryEngine.slurp(RepositoryEngine.java:408)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.ping.IndexingPingRequest.doRequest(IndexingPingRequest.java:25)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.ping.IncrementalPingRequest.doRequest(IncrementalPingRequest.java:30)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.ping.PingRequest.process(PingRequest.java:58)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryHandle.processPingRequests(RepositoryHandle.java:228)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryHandle.access$100(RepositoryHandle.java:59)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryHandle$2.run(RepositoryHandle.java:185)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.svn.SvnThrottledClient.executeNoThrottle(SvnThrottledClient.java:143)

... 23 more

2013-10-04 02:26:16,692 ERROR [InitialPinger3 Varuna-test] fisheye RepositoryEngine-startPause - Repository scanner paused.

My target is to keep the past revisions in the same repository and restructure the repository so that it follows a conventional structure. I have defined the symbolic rules as well in order to support the new structure. It works well and indexes properly if I create a new such repository structure from scratch. But, it fails to index if I restructure the old repository to match the new structure. In the process, I am renaming trunk and branches folder. Does it have to do anything with the failure in indexing?

Thanks in advance.

Kaustav

2 answers

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013
Koustav Dey October 23, 2013

Hi Tini,

Thank you for the details. I was able to get it working by increasing the "svn operations timeout" for now. I was unable to get this workaround working.

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2013

Hello Kaustav,

It looks like it's just timing out while indexing your repository. The default timeout is '1 hour'. Can you try to set/increase the Svn Operation Timeout to a higher value? Maybe you can try to use '6 hours'.

Also, if you don't mind about the old repository structure, you can configure FishEye to index your repository from the revision where you committed the new repository structure onwards, by configuring a Start Revision.

I hope this helps!

Koustav Dey October 10, 2013

Helle Felipe,

Thank you for the response. I tried by putting in the starting revision as the last (head) revision of svn. However, I did not add any customized timeout before. With this configuration, I tried to have the repository indexed. However, it did not proceed beyond 0% scanning. This time I have added the timeout option. So far, it is showing the same i.e. 0% scanning. I do not think it should take so long to index as well. Is there some other config changes that I can tweak?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events