Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce log verboseness/size

fernandomm August 19, 2012

Hi,

How can i reduce Fisheye's log verboseness? It fills in my HD every 2 weeks. Sample files:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2,9G Ago 20 14:29 fisheye-debug-2012-08-20.log

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5,9G Ago 20 14:28 fisheye.out

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3,0G Ago 20 14:27 fisheye-error-2012-08-20.log

Not sure if i turned on something in the past, but those logs use lots of space.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Tom Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2012

It's worth looking at the contents of the error log to see why it is getting so full -- you may have an intermittent connectivity problem to one of your repositories, or a repository pointing at a source which is no longer there.

0 votes
LeonardoL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2012

Hi Fernandomm,

I'm not sure if it's recommended to change loglevel but it's possible to change FishEye logs destination folder by editing log4j file located at FishEye home folder. Here an article where you can find more information about how to do that:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/Changing+Fecru+logs+destination+folder

One question: Have you tried to contact Atlassian Support to investigate your logs? Sometimes some error or misbehavior is causing the increase of the stack trace quantity. Remember you can contact Atlassian Support at support.atlassian.com.

Cheers,

Leonardo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events