cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Fish Eye admin, can't add one

FLYHT Admin February 3, 2017

I am seeing an error in JIRA:

jira_error.jpg

So, I figured out that FishEye is running on that IP/port. We don't use FishEye. I tried to log in as admin (with my JIRA admin credentials) and got this error:admin_login.jpg

Logging in as a regular user, I can see a list of 10 users (some of which are VERY old) and some are more recent. However, NONE of them are admin. And the user(s) that get the original error are NOT in this user list.

I want to get rid of the original error, and thought that if I added the users that are having problems to the FishEye users, the problem might go away.

What is the correct solution?

Do I manage my FishEye users even though I don't use Fish Eye? If so, how can I do that?

Can I unlink FishEye from JIRA (or whatever the correct terminolgy is) since I don't use it?

Something else?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2017

Logging in as a regular user, I can see a list of 10 users (some of which are VERY old)

Hint: it's possible to disable users in FishEye. This way they won't be counted to the license limit.

However, NONE of them are admin. 

Hint: in case you need to log in as admin, you can use the special password-only account (i.e. it has no login) - click on the "Administration" link at the bottom of FishEye/Crucible page. 

And the user(s) that get the original error are NOT in this user list.

I suspect that your FishEye is configured to use user directory from JIRA and that there's an option to automatically add new users enabled. This could explain "Could not add user X" errors you see.

Can I unlink FishEye from JIRA (or whatever the correct terminolgy is) since I don't use it?

Go to Administration panel in FishEye, select Application Links and remove the link to JIRA.

You may also want to remove authentication via JIRA (in case it's configured).

References:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE034/Linking+to+another+application

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE034/Configuring+External+Authentication+Sources

FLYHT Admin February 6, 2017

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I didn't realize that the text "Administration" in the footer is a link.

Have it working now, much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events