Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Linux

Brad Rehm February 25, 2013

Testing a migration from Windows Server 2008 R2 to CentOS 32-bit Linux environments. Created /fisheye and extracted the fisheye zip to it, and copied existing fisheye_inst folder to /fisheye as well (separate folders). Adjusted owner and permissions to the fisheye regular user I created on Linux. Configured the JAVA_HOME and FISHEYE_INST variables. Shut down SELinux. Encountering 2 issues:

1. Fisheye website only comes up when launched as root, not as the regular user I created. I assume permissions are at fault, so need to know where to look.

2. How can I get the Fisheye scripts to launch upon boot?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Hi there.

I believe you can solve the permissions issue with the following command:

chmod 777 -R /fisheye_install_path

As for launching Fisheye upon system startup, you may take a look at this page.

I hope it helps

Cheers

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Hi,

To your first question, a non-root user can't bind the low ports (such as 80) in a Linux server. Have you modified the Fisheye default port? It shall work fine binding the port 8060.

And sorry, but I can't help on your #2 question.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events