Migration to Linux

Testing a migration from Windows Server 2008 R2 to CentOS 32-bit Linux environments. Created /fisheye and extracted the fisheye zip to it, and copied existing fisheye_inst folder to /fisheye as well (separate folders). Adjusted owner and permissions to the fisheye regular user I created on Linux. Configured the JAVA_HOME and FISHEYE_INST variables. Shut down SELinux. Encountering 2 issues:

1. Fisheye website only comes up when launched as root, not as the regular user I created. I assume permissions are at fault, so need to know where to look.

2. How can I get the Fisheye scripts to launch upon boot?

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi there.

I believe you can solve the permissions issue with the following command:

chmod 777 -R /fisheye_install_path

As for launching Fisheye upon system startup, you may take a look at this page.

I hope it helps

Cheers

Hi,

To your first question, a non-root user can't bind the low ports (such as 80) in a Linux server. Have you modified the Fisheye default port? It shall work fine binding the port 8060.

And sorry, but I can't help on your #2 question.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

103 views 4 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you