Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Bitbucket and old users

James Beamish-White March 19, 2013

This is regarding http://go-dvcs.atlassian.com/display/aod/Generating+the+Subversion+Author+Mapping+File

I'm going through the mgiration process, and need to set up all the users on the Bitbucket side. However some of the old users in SVN are ex-employees, where I want to maintain the ability to review the history, but don't want them to have access to the code.

How should I do this? They no longer have valid company email addresses, can I just set them up in Bitbucket with @mycompany.com email addresses, and then do the mgiration?

1 answer

0 votes
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2013

I beleive the Author mappings file is used to just map the old commits to their correct authors. These authors do not have to exist on your BitBucket repository. And you can also create your Team account on BitBucket, upload the converted repos, and after that start inviting users to access the BitBucket repos and create their user account.

Hope I didn't miss tha point here James.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events