Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to Fisheye Problem

Jim Brown October 29, 2014

We recently switched domains from jira.internal-1.com to jira.internal-2.com. I can loggin to JIRA and Stash without any issues but when I try to login to fisheye I get the following error:

Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: jira.internal-1.com

It appears obvious that we need to change the host from jira.internal-1.com to jira.internal-2.com in some fisheye config file, but I am not sure where. Please let me know where what file to change.

Ok, so I found the file in config.xml /opt/fecru-home and was able to change the setting for my domain. I no longer get the domain error, but still can't login. Now I am getting an authentication error even though I know this is a good username and password.

2 answers

0 votes
Jim Brown October 29, 2014

Thanks for the reply. I was able to update the config.xml file by hand and it fixed my domain issue, but now I am getting:

fisheye CrowdAuth-authenticate - User (jimb) is not authorized to connect on FishEye and Crucible

I know for a fact that that user exists because prior to the domain change we were logging in with that account.

I created a new user in JIRA and tried to create an application link and set the authentication  to basic for outgoing and incoming. It took the outgoing credentials for the new user I created but the incoming authentication wouldn't accept my new user or old users (that we know were good).

Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2014

In our instance we have set up groups that have access to Fisheye. You might check to see if all users are supposed to have access to fisheye or just members of a particular group. If this new user you created hasn't been added to that group then they wouldn't have access. Do any of the other users have access? If so see what groups they are in in JIRA and add the new user to that group.

0 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2014

It looks like you're using JIRA to authenticate your users in fisheye.  If that is the case check your authentication settings under admin->Authentication->JIRA/Crowd Authentication and change the URL to your JIRA instance.  That is likely the culprit.  At least I'd start looking there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events