Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local user can no longer login to fisheye

Jason Glover December 9, 2013

So.

Hi, my name is Jason and I'm an Atlassiaholic. It started with JIRA+Agile but pretty soon that wasn't enough so I had to add Confluence to the mix. Next came HipChat but the wheels finally fell off when I started the the trial of Fisheye+Crucible.

The problem I have is that I can no longer login to Fisheye with anything but the "built in" administrator account.

Here is a timeline to help illustrate the problem:

1. Installed Fisheye on SVN server.
  2. Configured it to use *Host* style authentication integration as all that server's local users are our SVN users.
  3. Set it to create a user if there wasn't one.
  4. Logged in with my local/SVN/Fisheye details. That worked. Created a user account in Fisheye. Woop woop!!
  5. Next thing I did was link Fisheye to JIRA (the peer to peer styles, or so i thought)
  6. Now I can no longer login with my local user account.
  7. Can't reset password either.
  8. Went to Security Settings \ Authentication \ Authentication Test and did a test. No go!
  9. Opened the Application Link to Jira. Made sure all the authentication there was disabled.
  10. Went back to Security Settings \ Authentication \ Authentication Test and did a test. No go!
  11. Deleted the User that had been automatically created. That didn't help either.

Stuck.

Suck.

Help!

1 answer

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2013

Hey Jason,

Sorry to hear about your predicament... Atlassiaholism is no longer such a rare condition, so do not feel alone. You've already taken an important first step towards a cure - seeking help in an online forum!

Now to help with your immediate symptom:

When you say:

5. Next thing I did was link Fisheye to JIRA

does that mean you added an Application Link ?

Can you check that for that user which was created, thier Auth Type is still set to 'host' ?

/admin/userEdit-default.do?uname=<username>

Simply adding an Application Link to JIRA should not have any effect on user authentication.

Can you also confirm that you've not configured JIRA/Crowd authentication under Security Settings \ Authentication ?

Best Regards,

Dr. Pellow

Correct - I added an Application Link.

After that I the authentication stopped working.

And I've deleted the only user account I created so I can't do anything with it now. But when I try to log in with a local user account it isn't creating a new user in Fisheye like it did the first time.

I'm certain I haven't intentionally or accidentally configured Jira/Crowd.

It is a mystery.

Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2013

Those two operations should not be related at all.

Can you please enable DEBUG logging: Admin / Server / Debug Logging

and then create and submit a Support Zip?

File generated and sent. I must say I like the built-in debug/support tools. Very nifty.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events