Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira -> Crucible, User Administration Question

Andrew Murdoch July 11, 2016

Hey Guys

So I have a JIRA server up and running with users and projects and all that wonderful stuff.  I just downloaded Crucible for code reviews and setup an application link between JIRA and Crucible, and setup the user directory in Crucible to pull from the JIRA server.   I can see the JIRA users inside Crucible, but when I click the name of a user from the JIRA user database, I see a red box which says "no access".

I can't figure out how to activate a user in JIRA so they can login in Crucible, has anyone got this working?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2016

Check if your user belongs to the 'crucible-users' and 'fisheye-users' groups (Administration > User settings > Users).

Check if 'crucible-users' and 'fisheye-users' groups have the 'FishEye & Crucible user' and 'FishEye user' access (Administration > Security > Global permissions).

References:
Andrew Murdoch July 12, 2016

Thanks

i tried that yesterday and it didn't work, however when I tried it right now, it accepted the user.  I assumed that Fisheye / Crucible, would of showed up under Application and Groups. 

Anyway thanks for the help, no idea why it worked this time and not before, maybe a synchronization problem.

Manuel A Mangual March 20, 2020

ok, how about if I click on global permissions, try entering the same credentials I use in Jira and it doesn't let me login to see Fisheye + Crucible global settings?

1 vote
Cody Stott May 2, 2019

I'm using a JIRA Directory and Global Permissions to Fisheye/Crucible are granted through a group.

I got around this bug by explicitly adding the users in that group to the Global Permissions instead of relying on the group.

Vasu Lingegowda June 14, 2019

same here, works (only) this way for me too!

1 vote
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2018

In case you use external user directory, then you may be also affected by this bug:

User's permissions are not refreshed if the user is being automatically added to a group in external directory and this group controls global permissions

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-7001

0 votes
Sonny Singh October 16, 2018

Hi guys.

I had the same problem on Jira Software DC 7.11.1. 

I removed the specific user from Fisheye-users in Jira, synced Fisheye user directories(in Fisheye), added user back to Fisheye-users in Jira, synced Fisheye user directories and then he got access :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events