JIRA and Fisheye with Subversion

Edward To May 23, 2013

A couple of quick questions for those who many already know the answers.

1) Can JIRA be installed on the same subversion server (running Apache 2.2 with SSL)? Or would it conflict?

2) If I want to use Fisheye to connect to my subversion repositories, do all three products have to live on the same server? Or can I have JIRA and Fisheye live on one server and my subversion live on another server? In other words, can Fisheye reference the subversion repositories if the repositories are located on a different server?

Thanks for you responses.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

Hi Edward,

1. No - there is no reason why they would conflict.

2. There is no need for them to run on the same server. FishEye/Crucible can connect to the remote repository on your Subversion server, and JIRA can then connect to FishEye/Crucible, as long as they can all see each other.

Kind Regards,
Richard Stephens

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

Hi Edward,

It is best to keep Fisheye and Subversion on the same server as you can add the repositories using file:/// instead of http which makes it much quicker.

Cheers

Bhushan

Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2013

Have a look at the first point in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Best+practices+for+FishEye+configuration

. You can use svnsync to mirror your svn repo onto the same server that FishEye is installed.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2013

1) JIRA is installed on Tomcat - a Java web server.

2) They can all be installed on separate servers if required.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events