JIRA-Perforce integration

We used to use the old/desupported P4 plugin to integrate with JIRA 3.x, and it worked perfectly for us. Now that we plan to upgrade JIRA to 6.x, the P4 plugin did not work anymore. One option is to purchase FishEye. We found that FishEye integration is based on P4jobs, which we don't use in our development environment.

My question is: what are the options for us to get JIRA and P4 integrated without P4jobs? We would like to pull Perforce changelist information from JIRA based on P4 changelist comments, i.e., every P4 changelist has to have a JIRA ticket number in the comment.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Lukasz Pater Atlassian Team Jan 20, 2014

Hi Cindy,

you can use FishEye and the JIRA integration provided by the JIRA FishEye plugin without using Perforce jobs. Changelists can be associated with issues by containing an issue key in the comment. You can than easily see the commits in the issue's 'source' tab.

That's great. We will start to evaluate FishEye.

We're in the same situation. Would love to know if anyone has come up with a solution.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked 12 hours ago in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

59 views 3 4
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you