Is there a way to retire old Crucible projects without deleting them?

Eddie Mui February 19, 2015

Is there a way to retire or disable old Crucible projects without deleting them?  I want restructure our projects without losing the review history tied to the old projects names.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maciej Swinarski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2015

Hi Eddie,

The example REST was introduced in Crucible 3.5 REST Admin API, so you will have to do it manually via the Administration Project Schemes and Project screens. 

The REST Admin API in 2.10 was quite minimal: https://docs.atlassian.com/fisheye-crucible/2.10.0/wadl/fecru.html

mac

0 votes
Eddie Mui February 19, 2015

Hi Maciej,

Thanks for the quick response and solution. 

To answer your question for clarity, I would like to allow the users to still be able to view the reviews, but not be able to create new reviews.  I am planning on creating new projects that users should use going forward once the old projects are retired.  I would not want them to need to see or select those old projects when creating a new review, only new active projects. 

I will try your suggestion to change the permission scheme.  I'm not very familiar with the REST API, but can run a few tests by manually changing the permission schemes.  Is there documention on the REST API that I can download or view.  We are running version 2.10.4.

Thanks,

Eddie

0 votes
Maciej Swinarski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2015

Hi Eddie,

What exactly would you like to achieve by disabling the project?

• users would still be able to view the reviews but not able to create reviews?
  • users would not be able to view nor create new reviews?

Both scenarios above could be achieved by creating a custom permission scheme for "old projects".

Note: if you have many "old projects" you can modify the permission scheme via REST:

PUT /rest-service-fecru/admin/projects/{key}
{"permissionSchemeName" : "old_project_ps"}

mac

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events