Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a REST API Call to retrieve all comments on a project or repository?

Mena Samuel August 18, 2014

I know about the following calls:

/rest-service/reviews-v1/{id}/comments
/rest-service/reviews-v1/{id}/comments/general

I was wondering if there was a way to retrieve all the comments (particularly defects) associated with a project or repository without having to specify the review's permaID. This way I can make one REST call and categorize all the returned data instead of a REST call for each review (which would spam the server with hundreds of requests!).

The Defect Metrics section shown when looking at a list of all the reviews for a particular project shows an aggregation of the data I need (pie charts of issues by severity, status, defect-type, and qualifier) but I don't know how to get this data programmatically for any project.

1 answer

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2014

It doesn't look like any official REST API exists for what you want, however you can pull a list of all defects using the following page on your instance: cru/commentSearch .

Select the Defects checkbox, and you should get all Defects globally. Selecting the Project will limit the search to that project, etc.

Mena Samuel August 20, 2014

I would be happy with an unofficial way to get the list shown on that commentSearch page programmatically. Reporting on defect metrics is quite difficult without this functionality. I would be happy to try anything to get the data out short of calling up that page and parsing the rendered HTML.

zainfathoni August 8, 2016

I agree with @Mena Samuel, this functionality would be very helpful for us.
After almost 2 years, had it been developed or not, @Nick Pellow? 

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events