Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fish Eye a stand alone product or considered a JIRA plugin?

John Morse July 26, 2012

I was under the impression that Fish Eye was a plugin type for JIRA, thus needing to make sure the Fish Eye license count matched that of JIRA.

When I bought a 25 count JIRA license, we had to make sure our GreenHopper instance matched the 25 license count. I was led to beilieve Fish Eye was licensed the same way.

Is that not the case?

Thansk...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

Hi John,

FishEye is a sperate product to JIRA, although it can be integrated it isn't an addon in the same way that Greenhopper or Bonfire are addons for JIRA and as such must have the same license count but this isn't the case for FishEye as it is a separate application. However, if you decide to configure FishEye and JIRA to work together then I think you will find the JIRA FishEye plugin is very useful for integrating the two products: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/290

All the best,
John

John Morse July 26, 2012

In other words, integrated "plugins" for JIRA, such as Fish Eye are useless unless you already have an instance of Fish Eye already installed and running, correct?

John Morse July 26, 2012

I just realized how silly my last question was....

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events