Is Fish Eye a stand alone product or considered a JIRA plugin?

I was under the impression that Fish Eye was a plugin type for JIRA, thus needing to make sure the Fish Eye license count matched that of JIRA.

When I bought a 25 count JIRA license, we had to make sure our GreenHopper instance matched the 25 license count. I was led to beilieve Fish Eye was licensed the same way.

Is that not the case?

Thansk...

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi John,

FishEye is a sperate product to JIRA, although it can be integrated it isn't an addon in the same way that Greenhopper or Bonfire are addons for JIRA and as such must have the same license count but this isn't the case for FishEye as it is a separate application. However, if you decide to configure FishEye and JIRA to work together then I think you will find the JIRA FishEye plugin is very useful for integrating the two products: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/290

All the best,
John

In other words, integrated "plugins" for JIRA, such as Fish Eye are useless unless you already have an instance of Fish Eye already installed and running, correct?

I just realized how silly my last question was....

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

215 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you