InfinityDB has been subject to an OutOfMemoryError

starwarsfan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2014

Since some days I run into the following error:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: InfinityDB has been subject to an OutOfMemoryError. Use close() or rollBack(). File=/data/atlassian/fisheye/data/var/cache/fli4l/revcache/data.bin

On the init-Script I use the following options:

export FISHEYE_OPTS="-Xms2048m -Xmx5120m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m --Xdisable-dirtree-empty-checks"

Is the amount of 5G still not enough? There are around 10 Git and SVN repositories handled by Fisheye, where two of the SVN repositories got around 30k revisions.

The installation is running on Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS with Oracle Java 1.7.0_51. Please let me know if you need further information.

Kind regards,

Yves

3 answers

0 votes
Moritz Gilsdorf January 30, 2014

I have the same issue. Fresh Fisheye installation 3.2.4 on RedHat 4.4.6-4 with Java 1.7.0_45. It's a initial indexing of 19 repositories with ~163k revisions that we just migrated.

What's annoying is that if one of the repositories causes this issue, it breaks the whole Fisheye instance. Browsing is no longer possible at all even if most of the repositories were processed fine. Restarting the indexing throught the admin console fixes that for the moment but its not optimal.

0 votes
starwarsfan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

No ideas so far?

0 votes
starwarsfan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2014

The size of data.bin is some kind of "amazing":

# ls -l /data/atlassian/fisheye/data/var/cache/fli4l/revcache/data.bin
-rw-r--r-- 1 fisheye webtoolchain 9897289679 Jan 25 01:31 /data/atlassian/fisheye/data/var/cache/fli4l/revcache/data.bin

This repository has around 30k revisions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events