How to import the users from Jira into Crucible?

D January 22, 2021

My Jira server has been in operation for awhile and has been working fine. I want to use all of the users that I have amassed in Jira on Crucible but I can't seem to find a button to import users from Jira to Crucible. When creating the application link between the two, it asked if the users would be the same but that was the only mention of a possible import. Is this possible and if so, how would I go about the import?

1 answer

1 vote
Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

You can use JIRA as an external user directory in FishEye.

You can connect Fisheye to an existing Atlassian Jira instance to delegate Fisheye user and group management, and authentication. Fisheye provides a "read-only" connection to Jira for user management. This means that users and groups, fetched from Jira, can only be modified or updated in that Jira server, rather than in Fisheye.

The process is documented here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/connecting-to-jira-for-user-management-960155582.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events