Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I quickly remove myself from reviews?

Brian Kendig April 2, 2014

I work on a large project and I get added to dozens of code reviews each day, so my Crucible inbox is huge and unmanageable. Some of these I will review, but others I don't care about - I want a quick/easy way to remove myself from them. Either a "Remove" button on the review, or some sort of batch remove button on my inbox.

Is there a way to do this in Crucible 3.3.2? If not, how do I request this feature?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2014

Hi Brian

You need to edit review details and remove yourself from review. Whether reviewer can do it or not depends on the permission scheme used, you can modify this in the admin panel.

Once this permission is granted to Reviewer role (or individual user) reviewers can click Edit Details button on review and remove theirself from the review.

Hope that helps,
Piotr

Brian Kendig April 3, 2014

Piotr,

Thank you. That works, but it's somewhat tedious when doing it for dozens of reviews. How do I go about requesting a "Remove Me" link on a review's "Tools" menu?

Brian Kendig April 3, 2014

Much appreciated; I'll ask there.

I would agree with you, but the reviews are listed in a place called the "Inbox", and since they're using an email paradigm then I think it would make sense to have a quick way to remove items from one's inbox.

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2014

Hi Brian,

You would need to raise a feature request in this project: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC/

But personally I am rather thinking this should be done through edit details screen anyway. Once someone requested you to review him/her code you shouldn't perhaps simply reject that, but instead add someone else when removing yourself. Although technically this what "Remove Me" dialog could prompt the user to do when removing himself/herself.

Kind regards,
Piotr

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events