How do I add an observer to a Crucible review?

Britton Gregory January 30, 2013

I want to be able to specify an "observer" role distinct from "reviewer" -- someone who is being included so as to be made aware of a change, but isn't necessarily expected to go through the code with a fine-toothed comb. How do I go about doing this?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2013

You could also try sharing the review using the 'Share' button.

The people you share with (they can be Crucible users or you can just specify an email address) will get an email telling them about the review, and an optional note attached.

Britton Gregory January 31, 2013

Ah -- as a new user, I hadn't noticed that feature. Yes, that pretty much does what we want, thanks!

0 votes
Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

There's an open feature request in JAC -- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-192, vote for it.

Britton Gregory February 5, 2013

Done, thanks! Any other hot requests I should be aware of?

Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013
resolution is EMPTY AND project in (FE, CRUC) AND votes > 10 ORDER BY votes DESC

Run this JQL and see for yourself

Shawn Harris June 26, 2013

Added my vote. We could really use this feature at my company.

0 votes
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2013

You could also try sharing the review using the 'Share' button.

The people you share with (they can be Crucible users or you can just specify an email address) will get an email telling them about the review, and an optional note attached.

0 votes
John Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

A couple of options come to mind....

For one project I was on, the role of the Moderator for the review was essentially "someone who is being included to be aware of ac ahnage, but isn't necessarily expected to go through the code with a fine-toothed comb."

The other is to use the Watch feature. Quickly stated: A watch will send you (or whoever set the watch) an email when something in an activity stream changes. You can find more information about it by looking for the heading "Watching an Activity Stream" in this Crucible Documentation.

Britton Gregory January 30, 2013

I like option #1, except that (as far as I know) you can have only one moderator, and I like option #2, except that (again, AFAIK) you can't set up other people to watch a stream. Any other options, or workarounds for the above issues?

John Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2013

How about using the RSS feed feature. You might still have to play with permissions a bit if you don't want to require the person to have a Crucible account.

Britton Gregory January 31, 2013

I'm OK with the person having a Crucible account -- I just want to be able to clue them in on what's going on without them having to do anything (add themselves as a watcher, add the RSS stream to their feeder, or whatever). At this point, I'll probably just make it a discipline to indicate in the review notes who is an "observer" and who is an actual "reviewer". It'd be nice if there were just another role in Crucible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events