How can I pause a crucible code review?

I would like to create a crucible code review, have reviewers on it, but not have the review started.

I am using smart commits and to create and assign a code review.

After the review is created I would like to pause it, so that I may subsequently add more code to it. Then at some point in the future would like to actually start the code review.

Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

0 vote

What about creating review and keeping it in the "DRAFT" mode?  No notification are sent to participants when you edit such review, add content or add/remove reviewers.   Only when you open the review (i.e. transition DRAFT -> OPEN) participants will get notified and from now on they would be getting notifications on every review update.   Same with their inboxes, they can only see open reviews, so as long as your review is in DRAFT state, it won't appear in their inboxes.

Hope that helps,

Don't believe there is a way, using smart commits, to create a code review in draft status if you specify reviewers. I believe it is assumed that if you specify reviewers you want the review to be started.

I only create code reviews with smart commits....

would be a nice option though

something like

"<commit comment> +review CR @Piotr Swiecicki DRAFT"

right, apologies, I missed that bit.  You may want to vote and watch the issue, perhaps?

k, thanks, looks like I am not going to get this functionality, CRUC-7044 has been open for almost 3 years

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

321 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot