Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding deleted lines when viewing a code review

Martin Boulanger August 12, 2012

I was wondering if it's possible to hide the lines that were deleted (in red) when reading a code review in Crucible?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2012

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately the functionality you're requesting is not currently implemented in Crucible.

I created a new issue in our development issue tracker for this functionality to ensure our development team is aware of your request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-6189

I would suggest adding any comments to the issue above as well as voting on the issue to create it's popularity and likelihood of being implemented in a future release.

For more information on how Atlassian implements new features and improvements please see the following document:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy

My apologies that I don't have a solution for you at this time.

3 votes
Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

Hi Martin, Jack,

This is a feature that we are not willing to implement because it could lead to some serious development issue. Filtering deleted lines could result in developers missing core bugs introducing security issues or simply breaking the app.

Our goal is to help dev teams to build great software therefore even if some features are not hard to implement we may decide to not add them because we believe it goes against our mission.

That being said, if you feel strongly about this feature it is possible for you to leverage the plugin SDK to build an extension that would hide the deleted lines (once again, I highly advise you to not add this feature).

Cheers,

Sten
Dev Tools Product Manager

jvaillancourt-acquisio August 14, 2012

Hello Sten,

The idea is not to obfuscate some very important modifications, we do realise the potential error prone that it can bring.

The idea here is to help to reviewer, after he assert that the deleted code is ok, to understand what the new code does by simply show him what it is, and what it does.
When I encounter this type of scenario, I usually checkout the source code and checked it out in a text reader.

Now, I understand completely what you’re saying, and that’s ok :-)

Cheers,

Jack

3 votes
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2012

Out of curiosity: why do you want to hide the deleted lines?
You should not only review added and edited lines, but also deleted lines.

0 votes
jvaillancourt-acquisio August 14, 2012

I would suggest to add it not only to Crucible, but to SourceTree also.

It's just a filter to the view... How hard can it be...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events