Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Crucible been abandoned?

Alastair Bain August 2, 2012

Is Atlassian giving up on Crucible? No new versions lately, tons of bugs in Jira which have been untouched in literally years, basic functionality which doesn't work properly. Looking at the roadmap in Jira shows a bunch of unreleased versions with only one or issues resolved in each. What's going on? This product is well below the quality I've come to expect from other Atlassian products.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2012

No, Crucible has not been abondoned. Although there has not been a major release lately, there has been a steady stream of bugfix releases as you can see from the release log.

Additionally, you can expect a new major release in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

Alastair Bain August 2, 2012

Good to hear that there's going to be new major release soon. It would be great to see Crucible up to the standard of other Atlassian products.

0 votes
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2012

A very early release is available under:

http://www.atlassian.com/software/fisheye/download-eap

However, since the final release is only a couple of weeks away, it might be worthwhile waiting for it.

0 votes
Grant Gochnauer August 2, 2012

I was wondering the same thing - I felt like Crucible and Fisheye had been abandoned. While the small bug fixes are always welcome, no major release since Sept 2011 and no communication about new releases, I felt like it wasn't an Atlassian priority anymore.

Glad to hear a new major release is coming out soon. Is there an EAP for it?

thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events